New Job Opportunity at the CIC
Membership Development Position Posting
The Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC) is seeking applicants for the position of Membership Development Coordinator. Under the general direction of the Director, Communications and Marketing, the Coordinator will be responsible for assessing member value programs and retaining and growing membership of students, new graduates and industrial members.
- Implements, evaluates and improves the member recruitment and retention program for membership development, recruitment and retention of students and new graduates.
- Contributes to the creation of communications plans for the CIC’s products and services and evaluates effectiveness. Employs traditional and social media vehicles including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. to communicate messaging and promote programming.
- Generates reports and analyzes data related to recruitment and promotional activities.
- Schedules and completes university visits to increase visibility of CIC with students.
- Contacts and follows-up with prospective members relating the benefits of membership.
- Acts as an ambassador of the CIC and performs all activities in a way that maintains and/or enhances the reputation of the CIC.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Interest and motivation to work in a communications role to promote CIC benefits to members.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and French.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining an above average attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and public speaking/customer service experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and social media outlets.
- Graduate chemical science degree preferred.
- Availability to travel within Canada.
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a chemistry related field.
The Chemical Institute of Canada offers a competitive salary and benefits package. This is a three year term position with a possibility of becoming permanent. To apply please forward your résumé with a covering letter by January 16, 2015 to: Chemical Institute of Canada, Director, Communications and Marketing, 550-130 Slater Street, Ottawa, ON K1P 6E2 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.